Monday, March 1, 2010

When Lip Gloss Just Isn’t Enough

By Andrea Arterbery


The one body part that I’m always sure to take care of (besides my hair (yes, I realize that it’s not really a body part, but I consider it to be one since it’s attached to the rest of me) and skin) are my lips. So, I find it slightly appalling that there are women in walking around here in New York with super dry lips and simply coating them with a gooey layer of lip gloss. Gross!


Now, don’t get me wrong, I love lip gloss just as much as the next girl, but I think it’s important to prep your lips before applying any type of gloss, lipstick or stain. Besides plain old Vaseline petroleum jelly, one of my favorite products to prep my lips with is the Lierac Coherence Lip Cream. Don’t be fooled by the name! Not only does it provide a little bit of plumping action and diminish wrinkles, but it’s the best base you can use on your lips in this harsh cold weather to keep them moisturized. You can also wear it plain and not worry about it leaving any type of weird, sticky residue behind. Wishing lovely lips to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share